Welcome Forest Class!
The topic this half term will be:
I hope you enjoyed the lovely weather over the weekend! Thank you to all those that sent through photos of their learning this week. Make sure you have a look at the amazing things your friends have been up to on our WOW Board.
Book of the Week
Last week we read the story of Little Red Riding Hood. This week we are going to read The Three Little Pigs. We are going to do some fun activities related to the story.
Our focus this week is Doubling!
Watch the doubles song The Doubles Song
The meaning of doubling is making an identical set. Get a mirror and practise putting up your fingers, how many did you put? How many are in the mirror? Is it the same amount?
Ask an Adult to play a mirror game with you. The adult quickly puts an amount of fingers up and child copies. Discuss what double that number makes.
- Do some Doubles paintings:
- Make some super hero salad, doubling the amounts of healthy ingredients on your plate. Count how many of each item you end up with once you double it.
- Play the Addition Game
Build a house for The Three Little Pigs using any materials you have at home. Once you make your house, see if it will survive the wolf huffing and puffing trying to blow your house down.
Blow at your house using a hair dryer (with your parents help) or just use your own breath. If your house blows down, see if you can rebuild it and make it stronger so the wolf can't blow it down.
Draw and write a set of instructions on how to build a house for the 3 Little Pigs to teach your friends how to build it.
Start your sentences using the words: First, Next, Then, Finally
Remember we used these words when we wrote our class hand washing instructions:
- Last week we had a practise finding some letters on the keyboard using the Balloon game. This week we are going to learn where to put our hands when typing letters.
- Help to create a shopping a shopping list
- Do some Huff and Puff straw painting
- Huff and Puff Bubbles
- Create The Three Little Pigs houses using paper and materials that you might find around your house, garden or on your walk in the park.
I would love to see what learning you get up to at home, so please send photos to email@example.com I will upload onto the 'WOW Board' for next week for your friends to see! Keep scrolling down to see the WOW Board!
Little Red Riding Hood Week
Goldilocks and the Three Bears Week
The Gingerbread Man Week
Jack and the Beanstalk Week